Challenges in leadership: London Schools- the Teach First debate
21st January 2015
In this ‘Challenges in Leadership’ debate organised by Teach First London, LKMco Director, Loic Menzies discusses the complex question of London schools’ success with Paul Bhatia (Wembley High Technology College), Nicola Graham (Harris Academy Chafford Hundred) and Ellen Greaves (IFS).
The debate ranges far and wide including busting the ‘they used to be terrible’ myth, reviewing the evidence on gaming, and highlighting the so-called ‘trailing spouse’ hypothesis.
Research mentioned includes:
- Lessons from London Schools – Baars et al., CfBT, Centre for London, LKMco
- Understanding the Success of London Schools – Simon Burgess, CMPO
- Lessons from London Schools for attainment gaps and social mobility – Greaves et al., IFS
- The Trailing Spouse Hypothesis – Becky Allen/Laura McInerney/Chris Cook
- … and everything else Chris Cook has ever written.