24th August 2010
- Helped City Gateway to achieve Outstanding in every category in their first OFSTED inspection by supporting the writing of their Self Assessment Report.
- Provided training and mentoring that led to “measurable improvements in teaching and learning”and helped a teacher secure Advanced Skills Teacher status.
- Developed a new approach to training on diversity for Canterbury Christchurch University’s Outstanding Graduate and Registered Teacher Training Programme.
- Co-authored Ethos and Culture in Schools in Challenging Circumstances, authored articles inSchool Leadership Today and The Citizenship Magazine and spoke at National College, Teach First and Teachers TV events.
- Worked as part of the leadership team in the country’s 5th most improved Secondary school
- Repeatedly judged “Outstanding” by OFSTED whilst teaching in a challenging urban complex secondary school.
- Completed the Teachfirst programme, the National College of School Leadership’s FastTrack programme, awarded a Fellowship to the Royal Society of Arts for his community work and gained a degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University.