#054 Research Roundup – Bart Shaw: SEND, attainment disparity under COVID-19, and a recent history of devolved schools policy
9th June 2021
In this episode, Bart Shaw, Head of Policy at The Centre for Education and Youth, shares with Phil Yeeles a selection of research that he has been reading lately. This episode looks first at Ofsted’s recent report on supporting pupils with SEND, before moving on to FFT Education Datalab’s recent piece on attainment disparity in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Finally, Bart shares a recent history of schools policy since devolution in 1999.
In this episode, Bart and Phil discuss:
- How schools support pupils with SEND
- Attainment disparity in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Schools policy since 1999, curriculum and marketisation
Resources/people features or mentioned
- Ofsted. (2021). Supporting SEND.
- Allen, R., Bibby, D., Coe, R., James, L., Plaister, N., Thomson, D. and Ben Weidmann, B. (2021). Have disadvantaged pupils fallen further behind during the pandemic?.
- Sibieta, L. and Jerrim, J. (2021). A comparison of school institutions and policies across the UK.
Found the show useful?
Leave a review on iTunes
Follow your Dreams by Scott Holmes from http://freemusicarchive.org