Getting to Grips with the Pupil Premium
by Loic Menzies
13th June 2013
The Pupil Premium is one of the coalition’s most high profile policies and can be worth tens of thousands of pounds to some schools. More importantly, it has the potential to help schools close the disturbing attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
This short e-book by LKMco Director, Loic Menzies, explores:
- The purpose of the premium
- Eligibility and claiming
- How to identify needs and set goals
- The different needs pupils might have and the evidence for interventions
- How your school can look beyond interventions and towards long term, sustainable school improvement.
- Evaluating impact and cost effectiveness
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reporting to Ofsted.
It comes with a series of resources to help make sure your school and your pupils get the most out of the premium.