#057 – Alix Robertson and Dame Rachel De Souza: Youth Mental Health
20th December 2021
This episode of The Youth and Education Podcast is the third in our special series, taking an in depth look at the topics explored in the new CfEY book ‘Young People on the Margins’.
CfEY Associate Alix Robertson speaks to Dame Rachel De Souza, Children’s Commissioner for England, about young people’s mental health.
Alix and Rachel discuss:
- The factors affecting young people’s mental health
- What young people said about mental health in the 2021 ‘Big Ask’ survey, one of the biggest ever surveys of children
- The role of schools in supporting mental health and wellbeing
- Area-based support for mental health and wellbeing
- What is needed in the future of support for young people’s mental health
Found the show useful?
Leave a review on iTunes
‘Follow Your Dreams’ by Scott Holmes from http://freemusicarchive.org
Want to contact us?
[email protected] / @AlixHRobertson
[email protected] / @Barristotle
[email protected] / @VanessaGJ__
One thought on “#057 – Alix Robertson and Dame Rachel De Souza: Youth Mental Health”
This was a most interesting and useful podcast which I have recommended to my undergraduate students.
One slight issue, though: I’ve got a slight hearing impairment and found quite difficult to follow the opening comments because of the background music.